Monday, April 7, 2014

8 Tuesday

Spanish 1A

I can
  • Say what I do and prefer
  • Describe how much I prefer

After reviewing deber, creer, and para la salud, I introduced the irregular yo form of hacer and the yo and tú forms of preferir (which conjugates differently than other verbs seen so far but similarly to tener).

Hacer (to do) is an ER verb and has normal ER endings except for the yo form, which is hago (I do).

Preferir (to prefer) is an IR verb, but in addition to having normal IR endings, the E changes to IE in all forms except for nosotros and vosotros. Therefore, the yo form is prefiero (I prefer), and the tú form is prefieres (you prefer).

Mucho, -a (a lot; many) and todo, -a (all; every) must agree in terms of gender and number with the word after them. See the examples below:
  • todo el tiempo (all the time)
  • mucho tiempo (a lot of time)
  • toda la leche (all of the milk)
  • mucha leche (a lot of milk)
  • todos los estudiantes (all students)
  • muchos estudiantes (many students)
  • todas las personas (all people)
  • muchas personas (many people)
As you can see, mucho can be mucho, mucha, muchos, or muchas; and todo can be todo, toda, todos, or todas.

Spanish 2

I can
  • Use hacer + time expressions to say how long I've done something

We began with a bellringer and a class discussion to review. I then introduced using hacer with time expressions to say how long things have been taking place. Students practiced with an activity in the book, a worksheet, and a drawing.

Resources:

Time Expressions with Hacer

No comments:

Post a Comment